Spooky Halloween Açaí Bowl Recipe
We know Halloween looks a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be just as fun! We have a festive activity alternative for you and your family to enjoy from the safety of your own home. That’s right, we’re sharing a ‘Spooky Halloween Açaí Bowl’ recipe with you! It’s easy to make, healthy, and Instagram-worthy. Keep reading to learn how to make it!
To start, we’re going to spice up your Açaí blend with a classic fall flavor: pumpkin! All you’ll need to achieve this is your choice of pumpkin puree. Add the usual Sambazon Açaí Superfruit Packs, banana, some apple juice, and a splash of lime juice and there you have it! A delicious pumpkin Açaí blend.
Now, here comes the fun part...the toppings! Grab your favorite vegan yogurt (we used coconut yogurt) to create a ‘spider-web’ pattern on top of your vibrant purple Açaí. Don’t worry, we’ll share more tips and tricks in the instructions below on how to best execute this. Next, you’ll need an apple and dragonfruit to create a ‘ghost’ and ‘tombstones’. All you have to do is slice the fruit and cut into corresponding shapes! And finally, take some of your favorite granola, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate or goji berries to add an extra pop of color and crunch to the bowl. Full recipe details and instructions below:
Spooky Halloween Açaí Bowl
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Ready In: 30 Minutes | Yield: 1 Açaí Bowl
Ingredients for the Blend
2oz Pumpkin Puree
3oz Apple Juice
1 Banana, frozen
Juice from half a small Lime
Ingredients for the Topping
1 Tbsp Vegan Yogurt
Handful granola, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and/or goji berries
1. Prepare the toppings before blending your pumpkin Açaí blend. For the yogurt ‘spider-web’: spoon vegan yogurt into a small plastic bag and snip off a tiny piece of the corner. Save this homemade pastry bag for later. For the apple ‘ghost’: slice the apple into thin slices and cut slices into the shape of a ghost. For the dragon fruit ‘tombstones’: use a spoon to cut and and remove the dragon fruit flesh from the skin. Then, slice and cut the dragon fruit into the shape of a tombstone.
3. Add the broken Sambazon Açaí Packets to a blender with pumpkin puree, apple juice, banana and lime juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Spoon the pumpkin Açaí blend into a bowl.
5. Take your homemade pastry bag and squeeze 3 or 4 circles of vegan yogurt through the hole onto the Açaí blend. Use a toothpick to drag the yogurt towards the edge of the bowl to create a spider web effect.
6. Place the apple ‘ghost’ and dragon fruit ‘tombstones’ on top of the yogurt ‘spider-web’.
7. Fill any remaining space with granola, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate and/or goji berries.
8. Take a photo and enjoy!
There you have it! A festive Halloween activity alternative. It may not be candy or trick-or-treating but it’s just as fun and delicious...if not more! We can’t wait to see your take on this Spooky Halloween Açaí Bowl. Don’t forget to share and tag @sambazon on all social media platforms!