- Is Sambazon Organic and Non-GMO?
Yes, Sambazon products are USDA certified organic and Non GMO.
- Why is there added sugar?
Açaí is unique in that it is one of the only fruits that does not contain any sugar and can be quite bitter. We add a small amount of naturally occurring sugar to our juices from only organic sources to bring out the wonderful flavors, much like when sugar is added to unsweetened chocolate. SAMBAZON Original Açaí juice has the same or less sugar content per serving as other well-known juices such as orange juice.
- What is Sunflower lecithin and is it safe?
Sunflower lecithin is a natural emulsifier used to keep açaí’s healthy fats from separating. There are no known allergic reactions or side effects. The Organic Sunflower lecithin we use has no genetic engineering (No GMO’s), and is processed by cold-pressing rather than using chemical solvents.
- How much Açaí should I consume per day to get the benefits?
Açaí is a very nutritious, potent fruit and we encourage consumers to eat as much açaí as their body craves. While there are no USDA guidelines on how much açaí one should consume in a day, at SAMBAZON we love how we feel when we eat at least one serving (sometimes two!) each day. It’s a great way to get your daily servings of fruit.
- How does buying SAMBAZON products change the world?
With every SAMBAZON purchase, you make a positive impact on the planet and contribute to the preservation of the Amazon Rainforest. SAMBAZON supports over 20,000 family farmers in Brazil by building schools and medical facilities in local communities and providing clean drinking water.
Açaí berries are 80-90% seed but we don’t waste a single seed. They’re either handcrafted by local women’s co-ops into beautiful jewelry that they can sell for income, used in our factory to power our boilers, or donated to local brick and tile makers to fuel their furnaces so they need less wood which protects the rainforest from deforestation.
- Why is Açaí more expensive that some of the more common fruits?
Açaí is a powerhouse fruit that only grows in the Amazon Rainforest and must be shipped to the U.S. It’s whole food nutrition, packed with powerful antioxidants and healthy omegas, and has a unique rich cocoa berry flavor that you won’t find in any other fruit. SAMBAZON is the first company to offer Certified Organic and Fair Trade Açaí, so we bring the highest quality products to you and do it the right way.
- What is guaraná and much caffeine is in a SAMBAZON Original Blend Superfruit Pack?
Guaraná is like Brazilian Ginseng. Indigenous people have used it for thousands of years to increase stamina, vitality and focus. Guaraná has some of the same energizing components as caffeine and chocolate. An Original Superfruit pack has about 1 mg of natural caffeine per serving, less than a cup of decaffeinated coffee (regular coffee has over 100mg of caffeine).
- What is Fair Trade?
Our EcoCert Fair Trade certification guarantees that the farmers and producers we work with are getting our full support, and that’s so much more than just fair wages. If you’d like to know more, please visit Sambazon.com/fair-trade
- What are the environmental impact/sustainability initiatives?
Sambazon is committed to:
- Preventing Deforestation. We’ve helped preserve over 2,000,000 acres (and counting!) of Amazon rainforest.
- Closing the Loop. Our factories use our biggest waste bi-product, Acai Seeds, as fuel. The rest gets donated to the local women’s co-op who turn them into beautiful jewelry. We then buy back this jewelry and use it to bring you all purple smiles out in the field!
- Pioneering Progress. Sambazon was the 1st certified organic and fair-trade Acai company. It’s been about the people, planet and progress from day 1.
- Hand Harvesting. Picking by hand is best! It minimally impacts the environment, protects the palms and ensures the use of only regenerative organic practices
- Why don’t you use glass bottles? And are your plastic bottles BPA free?
Interestingly plastic is a better choice for us than glass for the following reasons:
- Plastic uses considerably less energy than glass to be recycled.
- It is dramatically lighter than other bottle options, which means less fuel is used to create and deliver each bottle.
- All Sambazon Juice bottles are 100% BPA free.
- What is Flash Pasteurization?
All Sambazon Açaí is flash-pasteurized. Flash- pasteurization ensures that our acai is safe by using minimal heat for a very short duration. We follow the processing standards of the FDA and Brazilian Ministry of Health. Our processing techniques achieve negligible nutrient and taste losses in the process of guaranteeing full food safety.
- I want your products carried at my local store. How do I suggest to them that they carry it?
Visit the customer service desk at your local store and request to speak to the person in charge. You can suggest they reach out to our sales team who can be contacted at [email protected].
- How do I receive coupons?
Please follow us on social media, subscribe to our email list and check our website for promotions!
- Do you offer any sponsorships?
At this time, we do not have a sponsorship program.
- Can you ship a case of product to my home?
You can purchase cases of our Amazon Energy Drinks here. Since our other products must remain refrigerated/frozen, we do not offer online orders and shipping on them at this time.
- How long will my Açaí juice last in the refrigerator?
Unopened, our products are to be enjoyed before the best buy date marked on the packaging. After opening, the juice should be consumed within 7 – 10 days.
- Tell me a little bit about the healthy Omega’s found in Açaí?
Açaí naturally contains more healthy Omega 3,6, and 9’s. The overall fatty acid profile of Açaí is very similar to that of olive oil and is great for heart health, brain function, skin and hair.
- What is the greenish tinge sometimes found in the Superfruit packs and juices?
Our products may contain a greenish tinge, film, or even clumps. This is normal and naturally occurring. It occurs when the omega fats do not stay evenly dispersed within our products.
Company Info Questions
- Are you a publicly traded company?
Sambazon is a privately owned company and we are not looking for investors at this time.
- Does Sambazon have any franchise oppoutunities at this time?
Sambazon does not have any franchising opportunities at the moment. We will update our website if this changes.
Dietary Concerns Questions
- Servere allergies to nuts/fish/dairy/gluten/soy?
If your allergies pose a high risk, please get approval from your medical professional to ensure the product is safe for you to consume. Our products are produced in a facility that may manufacture products that contain allergens. We take every precaution to eliminate allergens at our production facilities. Please read the ingredient declaration and ask your medical professional for further advice if unsure.
- Is Sambazon kosher?
All of our products are Orthodox Union certified Kosher.