Caramelized Butternut Crostini with Toasted Hazelnuts and Açaí-Balsamic Drizzle
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Ready In: 1 hour | Yield: about 16 crostini
This elegant vegan appetizer is perfect for Thanksgiving entertaining. Cubes of butternut squash are caramelized in the oven, spooned over toasted bread, and garnished with toasted hazelnuts and an Açaí-balsamic drizzle. The combination of bright orange winter squash and purple Açaí will brighten up your holiday table! If preparing this appetizer in advance, make all the ingredients separate and assemble them right before serving. To make your drizzle dazzle, spoon the Açaí-balsamic sauce into a plastic zip-top bag, squeeze out the extra air, and snip a corner off the baggie to drizzle it over the crostini. Feel free to use other types of squash for this recipe, like acorn or delicata squash.
· 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced into ½-inch cubes
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
· 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
· 2 Sambazon Pure Unsweetened Açaí Superfruit Packs, thawed
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 baguette, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
· Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss butternut squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway, until the squash is tender and lightly caramelized.
3. Meanwhile, combine Açaí, balsamic, and a pinch of salt in a small pot. Bring to a simmer and cook until very thick, about 20 minutes.
4. When the squash is ready, lightly drizzle the baguette with olive oil and toast in the hot oven. When ready, top each bread round with a scoop of butternut squash, sprinkle with hazelnuts and drizzle with Açaí-balsamic sauce. Garnish with chives and serve.
Açaí Cranberry Lime Sparkler
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Ready In: 5 minutes | Yield: 1 pitcher
This Açaí cranberry lime sparker is the perfect refreshing cocktail for Thanksgiving. It’s light, fresh, and bubbly, so you’ll have plenty of room for your Thanksgiving meal. Plus, this cocktail is a little light on the vodka, so you’re not getting overly tipsy at the holiday table – perfect for sipping throughout the day.
· 4 SAMBAZON Original Blend Açaí Superfruit Packs
· Juice of 2 limes, plus 1 lime, sliced
· ½ cup vodka
· ¼ cup simple syrup
· 4 cups cranberry-flavored seltzer
· Ice cubes
1. Combine the Açaí, lime juice and slices, vodka, and simple syrup in a large pitcher. Top off with cranberry-flavored seltzer. Serve in tall glasses filled with ice and garnish with additional lime wedges or whole cranberries, if desired.
What do you think of Rachael Hartley's Thanksgiving side dishes and cocktail recipes? We love making your thanksgiving table more delicious by combining the Delicious Powers of Açaí with vegan appetizer recipes. Share with us in the comments below if you tried any of our vegan thanksgiving recipes or the best thanksgiving recipes that you've come up with over the years with Açaí as an ingredient.
Khoo HE, Azlan A, Tang ST, Lim SM. Anthocyanidins and anthocyanins: colored pigments as food, pharmaceutical ingredients, and the potential health benefits. Food Nutr Res. 2017;61(1):1361779. Published 2017 Aug 13.