We just can’t get enough of pumpkin this season...so we thought we’d share another delicious pumpkin-based recipe with you: Raw Açaí Pumpkin Bites! This vegan dessert is made in two parts, crust and filling, but is super easy to recreate yourself at home. Get your reusable grocery bag ready because you won’t be able to resist these Raw Açaí Pumpkin Bites once you learn how to make them!
The main ingredients for the delectable crust are pecans and Medjool dates along with a little extra flavor from coconut oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and a sprinkle of salt! You may have noticed by now that Medjool dates are a popular ingredient in many vegan, whole-food recipes. That’s because they’re a natural unprocessed sweetener! They grow on date palm trees and have a soft, chewy, slightly sweet texture and flavor while being a whole food that’s high in fibers and potassium. You’ll often see Medjool dates as substitutes for sugar or chocolate chips in baking recipes and we can’t wait to see you use them to sweeten up your Raw Açaí Pumpkin Bites just a bit.
As for the filling, the main ingredients are going to be cashews, pumpkin puree and of course, our Sambazon Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs! Just like Medjool dates, cashews are a popular ingredient in many vegan recipes. They’re often used to recreate creamy sauces like caesar or ranch and are typically the main ingredient of vegan cheese and queso too! We’re going to use cashews to our advantage today to make sure the pumpkin spiced Açaí filling is perfectly rich and creamy.
Now that you have some insight into the ingredients behind these Raw Açaí Pumpkin Bites...let’s get started with making them!
Raw Açaí Pumpkin Bites Recipe
1 Cup Pecans
10 Medjool Dates, pitted
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
¼ Tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Raw Cashews, soaked
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Sambazon Açaí Pure Unsweetened Frozen Açaí Packets
¼ Cup Maple Syrup
1 Lemon, juiced
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. To make the crust, add the pecans, Medjool dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt to a food processor. Pulse on high until finely chopped and the mix is beginning to stick together.
2. ransfer the crust to a parchment-lined square baking dish. Spread the crust into an even layer by pressing down with your fingers, reaching all the way to the corners.
3. To make the filling, rinse and drain the cashews. Add the soaked cashew, pumpkin puree, frozen acai packets, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour on top of the crust and spread into an even layer.
5. Place the bars in the freezer for at least a few hours to firm up.
6. Once firm and ready to serve, remove the bars from the freezer and lift them out of the baking dish by holding either side of the parchment paper. Cut into 16 even bars. Enjoy!
Yep, it’s really that easy! Not only do we want you to give your best shot at these Raw Açaí Pumpkin Bites yourself...we want you to show us too! Don’t forget to share pictures and videos and tag both @sambazon and @fitlivingeats - the amazing chef and health coach behind this mouth-watering vegan dessert recipe. We can’t wait to see!
Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.