Without farmers’ markets up and running the last few months, you probably haven’t been able to get your fresh jam fix. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! We’ve partnered up with Carly of Fit Living Eats to create this deliciously nutritious Açaí Chia Jam that is perfect for an easy gourmet, homemade Toasted PB&J Sandwich. Keep reading to learn about the health benefits of this recipe and how to make it!
The main ingredients of this unique Açaí Chia Jam are our Sambazon Original Blend Açaí Superfruit Pack, chia and raspberries. Both Açaí and chia are known as ‘superfoods’, or functional foods, meaning that they are nutrient dense. These two ingredients bring loads of antioxidants as well as healthy omegas to the recipe. Raspberries on the other hand, will enhance the fruity taste of this Açaí Chia Jam while providing nourishing fiber.
When it comes to the actual sandwich, this recipe calls for the use of coconut oil instead of commonly used butter to achieve that crispy golden crust when toasting the bread on the pan. Coconut oil is vegan and popular in several trending diets like keto and paleo. It contains no cholesterol and only traces of vitamins and minerals!
Now that you’ve learned a bit about the ingredients behind this healthy recipe, you’re ready to try it out yourself! Follow along below:
Toasted PB&J with Açaí Chia Jam
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Ready In: 20 Minutes | Yield: Serves 4
1 Sambazon Original Blend Açaí Superfruit Pack, thawed
1 Cup Frozen Raspberries, thawed
2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
½ Lemon, juiced
½ Cup peanut butter
8 slices sprouted whole grain bread
¼ Cup coconut oil
1. To make the Açaí Chia Jam, combine the Sambazon Original Blend Açaí Superfruit Pack and thawed raspberries in a bowl. Mash the raspberries using a fork until desired texture is reached.
2. Add the chia seeds and lemon juice; stir to combine.
3. Set aside to allow the chia seeds to thicken the jam while heating a large griddle over medium heat.
4. Coat one side of each of the bread slices with coconut oil.
5. Spread peanut butter on the other side of four bread slices.
6. Once the chia jam has thickened, spoon a few tablespoons on each of the peanut butter slices spread to create an even layer.
7. Place the other bread slices on top, coconut oil side facing up.
8. Transfer the sandwiches to the griddle pan and sear the outside, creating a golden crispy crust.
9. Flip and repeat on the other side.
10. Remove from the griddle and cut in half. Enjoy while still warm.
It’s as easy as that! We can’t wait to see you recreate this Toasted PB&J Sandwich with Açaí Chia Jam at home. You can always substitute the peanut butter for any other nut butter, too! Don’t forget to share your creations with us by tagging @sambazon and @fitlivingeats. And as always, please feel free to leave any questions, comments and suggestions below! Happy cooking, everyone!
Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.