Did you know that at least 8 million tons of plastic ends up in our oceans every year (International Union for Conservation of Nature)? Or that 90 percent of sea birds have eaten plastic (Study by researchers from Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization)?
Everyday, businesses have the opportunity to be a force for good and contribute to a thriving people and planet. Committing to make progress on sustainable packaging solutions is one small step for brands, but a massive leap in the right direction to address the many climate challenges we now face.
ONE STEP CLOSER TO ZERO WASTE PACKAGING COLLABORATIVE
OUR PACKAGING FOOTPRINT
When choosing packaging for its products, SAMBAZON takes into consideration contributors such as food safety, food waste, shipping weight, energy usage, reducing waste mass, and production efficiency. SAMBAZON realizes that we need to improve to reduce our impact on plastic pollution. This is why we have dedicated a team and invested resources to test new materials and technologies that can be composted and/or recyclable.
Packaging Commitment: SAMBAZON is committed to achieving 100% plant-based and post-consumer recycled packaging by 2025.
One way we are already tackling this issue is with our Ready to Eat (RTE) Bowl packaging. SAMBAZON RTE Açaí Bowls are made from 100% plant fiber from recycled paper sourced locally and made in the USA. The bowls are PFAS free. The film on the bowls is also 100% plant-based. The sleeve is FSC certified, harvested from forests that are responsibly managed, socially beneficial, environmentally conscious, and economically viable. The bowl and sleeve are recyclable. All inks used on the RTE Bowl packaging are VOC-free.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
- Fill out and share this BINGO card, which includes fun zero waste activities like supporting your local zero-waste store using tools like Litterless.
- Join a community cleanup – we’ve got a few mapped out below all around the United States!
- Check out this Zero Waste Home Guide to guide you on your own zero waste journey!
- Incorporate some of these simple 100 Zero Waste Tips into your daily routine.
- Peruse zero/low waste shopping platforms like Grove Collaborative, Earth Hero, Package Free Shop for staple every day items.
- Familiarize yourself with your local recycling guidelines to help minimize recycling stream contamination.
- Start composting in your own backyard to reduce your own food print!
- Get inspired by these creative, zero waste creations!
- Participate in Nude Foods’ 21 Day Zero Waste Challenge
Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.