Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake with Açaí Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
It’s time to getextra cozy and enjoy all of the best things life has to offer -- including chocolate and Açaí! These are two of my personal favorite foods, so I wanted to combine them into one decadent, rich, delicious dessert to enjoy this holiday season. Enter - Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake with Açaí Whipped Cream!
I’ve created a spin on a classic “chocolate and berries” dessert to include our all star ingredient - SAMBAZON Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs. I’ve always loved baking, and chocolate lava cakes used to be my go to “fancy” dessert that’s actually not too fancy at all! Making lava cakes is much easier than you may think, and this vegan version can be made in a single bowl too -- we love an easy baking clean up!
The Açaí whipped cream really makes this dessert special and well rounded. The SAMBAZON Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs add a beautiful and delicate flavor to the cool sweet cream which perfectly complements the rich decadence of the chocolate. Not only does this dessert taste incredible, but with antioxidants from cacao and Açaí, it is a superfruit dessert! You can also save this Açaí whipped cream to enjoy with fruit, smoothies, yogurt, or other desserts.
So...let’s get baking! You’ll first want to chill your coconut cream in a metal mixing bowl for an hour or so. In the meantime, make the batter for the vegan chocolate cakes and put them in the oven at 350 degrees. Since they are vegan, you can leave them as gooey as you’d like! Prepare the Açaí whipped cream while the cakes bake and add a big dollop on top of the finished cakes to finish the recipe. All that’s left to do is enjoy the molten magic!
Feel free to double the recipe if you’re enjoying this dessert in a group (safely) or are looking to save some leftovers for yourself. I promise you’re going to fall in love with these vegan chocolate lava cakes and not want to share! Get the full recipe below!
Vegan Chocolate Lava Cakes with Açaí Whipped Cream
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Ready In: 45 Minutes | Yield: 2 Servings
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake
¼ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
¼ Cup Almond Milk
½ Lemon, Juiced
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Cup 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
4 Tbsp Vegan Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for the Whipped Cream
½ Packet of SAMBAZON Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs
1 Can Coconut Cream
1 Tsp Sugar
½ Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Put the can of coconut cream and a metal bowl in the refrigerator for one hour.
3. Prepare the cakes! Start by mixing almond milk with lemon juice and let sit for a few minutes.
4. Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl - almond milk mixture, apple sauce, oil, vanilla, maple syrup.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients - sugar, baking powder, flour, cacao.
6. Melt 2 tbsp of chocolate chips and mix into the cake batter.
7. Distribute batter into two grease ramekins.
8. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of chocolate chips in the center of each cake.
9. Bake for 20 minutes. The edges should be baked and the center should be gooey.
10. Prepare the Açaí Whipped Cream! Spoon the solid part of the coconut cream into the chilled bowl, leaving the liquid behind. Use an electric hand mixer to beat the cream for a minute. Add in the sugar and vanilla. Melt the SAMBAZON Açaí Pure Unsweetened Superfruit Packs in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Add the liquid into the whipped cream and beat until combined.
11. Let the cakes cool for a few minutes before topping with the Açaí Whipped Cream. Serve immediately! Cakes and cream can also be made before and heated up.
Enjoy this decadent Açaí experience this winter season and share the deliciousness with your loved ones! The combination of the warm gooey cake with the sweet refreshing cream is out of this world.
We can’t wait to see you recreate this recipe and celebrate the holidays (and the magic of Açaí) with us! Tag @sambazon and @sloaneelizabeth to share your beautiful creations with us on Instagram and let us know - what are your New Year Intentions??
***This article is for informational purposes only, even if and regardless of whether it features the advice of physicians and medical practitioners. This article is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should never be relied upon for specific medical advice. The views expressed in this article are the views of the writer and do not necessarily represent the views of Sambazon.